Sunday, May 22, 2011

Where the hell have I been???

Nowhere...I just forgot my GD password.  Smart.  So, I reset it & wrote it down.  Smarter!  I can't really believe I haven't been on here in so long.  Life just went on day-by-day & this didn't, but I'm back damn it!  Like nothing's happened since my last post.  I mean holidays, work, etc. but not a lot.  The biggest thing that happened is that my very best friend in the whole wide world moved to Indianapolis to live with her sister.  That was at the end of January.  I drove up with her (which is a whole other story!) & then flew back home.  I miss her so much!  I'm one of those losers that, now since she's gone, has no friend.  Ok, I'm "friends" w/some of my co-workers, & we go out after work for a beer sometimes, but that's really it.  It sucks!  Like I've went into a depression over it.  Not so bad that I need medication (I probably really do, but who doesn't) but I just feel more sad.  I go to work, I go home.  Any shopping I do is by myself or with Trace & one can only handle going w/a 2yr old so many times.  He doesn't offer much in the way of opinions on how a pair of shoes goes with an outfit!  Shelley's birthday is 4/30 & mine is 5/1 so we've always celebrated together so even birthday sucked this year.  I love my husband & he took me out to dinner & got me gifts, but it still just wasn't the same.  I'm happy for Shelley though.  She really needed the change & is doing well there...without me.  I think that's another part that hurts is realizing I wasn't enough for her.  With Trace & my wacky night-shift work schedule, it wasn't easy to go see her as much so there was a void there for her & she felt alone.  Just a few years back, she & I were roomies, so we were together all the time...then I had to go get married & have a kid & shit.  WTF was I thinking?  She & I used to always kid we should just have babies & sex w/men & continue to live together b/c we were best for each other.  Other than that, I need to lose some weight...nothing new there.  Trace amazes me everyday.  He's so smart.  Putting sentences together, getting the meaning behind things, figuring out how things work.  I love him so much & he's so damn cute.  He is the one true light in my life!  He's also a little shithead...but, hey, he's 2...comes w/the territory.  My husband is wonderful & I give him so much grief.  I can be such a snappy bitch to him.  We just took a very nice trip to Tennessee to his niece's wedding.  It was great...we went to Nashville to the Ryman Auditorium & the Country Music Hall of Fame.  Then we went to Knoxville to the wedding.  Then back to Nashville for a day.  It was a long drive....very pretty, though.  When we go back, we will fly.  Now that I've driven it, I'm over the "sightseeing."  Well, that covers the Mommy-Wife part of the show.  Now on to the Nurse part.  I'm really excited about work.  We have hired a new night manager & she will be precepting w/me for 6 shifts.  She's a really nice, experienced RN, but has no pedi experience so they're putting her on the floor to get her in the groove.  I just think it's pretty awesome that my current (the day manager) picked me to do this.  I feel like it really says alot about how she perceived my work ethic, skill, etc.  Then after I'm done w/that, I will be orienting to the charge RN position.  Sometime I wonder "what am I thinking??" but it's the only way to grow & if I ever leave my hospital system or even transfer to another facility, it will look good on my resume.  I do need to get a little more involved w/a couple of committees & do some things for myself professionally to develop & be able to move into the charge RN role, but I'll have time to do it & some great support from my managers.  So good things lie ahead. 
Love, Peace & Chickengrease y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment