Saturday, August 7, 2010
Feeling at home
So, a little backstory. In Feb. 2009, my husband's mom got married & moved to Austin. She kept her house near us b/c she just wasn't ready to sell it & when her & her husband come to visit family, they have somewhere to stay. We were living in a 2br, 780 sq. ft. mobile home (which we owned, but rented the land) & totally needed more space. Then Trace was born & we were even more desperate for space & I constantly complained about the lack of space, etc. Big solution to several issues...in Oct. 2009, we moved into my MIL house & moved our mobile home to our property out of town. Her house is now not sitting empty, we have more space, we only pay utilities, we're saving for our own home, we will be way more comfortable in the mobile home than in our 28ft RV when we go to the country. The negatives...it's her house. All our furnishings/household items stayed in the mobile home. We brought our clothes, personal belongings & Trace's crib to his mom's house. I just don't feel at home there...NOTHING is mine. I'm comfortable there & live life as normal. But it's just not "home." Anyhow...as I type this, I am sitting in MY home on MY property in the country AND I LOVE IT! This is my first time back since the mobile home has been set up on the property. We got here late Friday night, about 11:45 & the minute I walked in the door, I felt like I was at home. I was telling Trace how this was his first home & he lived here when he was a little bitty baby. I told my husband I missed our little home. He asked why? I said because it's OURS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so excited to read this! I need to get to blogging my blurbs again. Maybe this is the time!
ReplyDelete